TABA is excited to launch its new winter training program, TABA Academy. The TABA Academy will feature baseball skill training for kids who play for the fun and those who want a more competitive experience.
We are excited to partner with Marty Lehn, MLB Scout and owner of Big League Experience to lead our training program over the winter.
Winter Training Clinics
TABA Academy training will focus on overall skill development tailored to each individual age group: Tadpole, Mosquito and Peewee. For Mosquito and Peewee training will be separated into AA and AAA.
AA Training – those players who primarily desire to play house league with possible future play at the All-Star level. Their current baseball skills range from beginner to having previously played house.
AAA Training – those players who desire to play at the top level of competitive baseball. Their current baseball skills are considered advance for their age group.
Tadpole (born 2013 – 2014) Monday 6p – 7p
Mosquito AA (born 2011 – 2012) Monday 7p – 8p
Mosquito AAA Thursday 6p – 7:20p
Peewee AA (born 2009 – 2010) Monday 8p – 9p
Peewee AAA Thursday 7:30p – 8:50p
Monday training starts Jan 10 and ends Feb 28. March 7 will be booked for a make-up day if needed
Thursday training starts Jan 13 and ends Mar 3. March 10 will be booked for a make-up day if needed.
Beach Grove Public School
All training to be conducted at Beach Grove Public School. (please wear clean indoor runners, bring a glove, helmet and bat) (Arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your session – each session starts promptly on time)
There are very limited number of spots for each session. To ensure your spot please pay ASAP. Spots are open first to Tsawwassen residents who play for TABA or will be this upcoming season. If spots are available 14 days after first public notification, those outside Tsawwassen may register.
Registration includes 8 weeks of high level training and a TABA Academy T-shirt
Tadpole, Mosquito AA and Peewee AA – $195.00
Mosquito AAA and Peewee AAA – $225.00
REGISTRATION OPEN: see links below
TABA is proud to announce a new partnership with Big League Experience to provide specialized Player development clinics.
As TABA continues to grow we want to maintain our commitment to offering exceptional grassroots programs and making sure all players have quality tools at their disposal. Our program will focus on all skills and drills for pitching, hitting, fielding & catching and will be offered all year long.
Marty Lehn – Sr. Instructor
- Current scout for the Milwaukee Brewers
- Coach for Canada’s Sr. and Jr. National and BC Provincial Teams
- Guest Coach for Toronto Blue Jays and Chicago White Sox
- Played and Coached at Southern Louisiana University
- Owner of the Big League Experience training camps
- Masters Degree – Health Promotion and Exercise Science
- Former Pitcher in the Colorado Rockies Org.
- Former Canadian National team pitcher
- Sits on Baseball Canada’s Technical committee
- Former Junior National team player
- Owner operator of “The Complete Athlete”
- Former Pro Catcher in the Arizona Diamondbacks org.
- Former catcher on the Canadian Jr. National team
- Former Player and coach at City College of San Francisco
- Pitching coach – White Rock Tritons baseball
Please see above for an explanation of levels, price and schedule